Shift from Western Mind to Ancestral Mind
Wisdom Bridge Teleseminar presents 3-Part Webinar Sessions
Shift from Western Mind to Ancestral Mind
Join host Victoria Sage for a Conversation with
Author of Ancient Spirit Rising: Reclaiming Your Roots & Restoring Earth Community
Recorded Thursdays, February 20, February 27 and March 5, 2020
"As inaccessible as it may seem at times, a wealth of information can be found in our own ancestral knowledge(s)."
Within this webinar, Pegi shares with us why reclaiming our "Ancestral Mind" is essential to re-rooting ourselves and falling in love with the Earth again, to revere the many elements, manifestations, and creatures as sacred, and to return to peaceful co-existence and respect for all life.
To be in alignment with our own heritage is to find empowerment and actualization as a true human being.
Our reclaiming process also includes the re-inhabitation of place (or getting to know the unique features of our home landscape), and we have a responsibility to embrace geo-justice and the hard work of caring for and protecting the land.
Pegi speaks about how an authentic self-identity can be reconstructed from old/new earth-centered societies, using the timeless values of Indigenous Knowledge (IK) as a model.
Pegi Eyers is the author of the award-winning book Ancient Spirit Rising: Reclaiming Your Roots & Restoring Earth Community, a survey on social justice, decolonization, nature spirituality, earth-emergent healing and the holistic principles of sustainable living. Pegi self-identifies as a Celtic Animist, and is an advocate for the recovery of authentic ancestral wisdom and traditions for all people. She lives in the countryside on the outskirts of Nogojiwanong in Michi Saagiig Nishnaabeg territory (Peterborough, Canada), on a hilltop with views reaching for miles in all directions.
Victoria Sage is a Trauma Resolution Coach, Spiritual Counselor/Healer (western and indigenous trained), Clinical Hypnotherapist, Speaker, serial Entrepreneur, and an interfaith Minister of Walking Prayer. Throughout the past 21 years, she has been a formal student within an uninterrupted Indigenous lineage passed down from Dorothy Naiche to her granddaughter, Tu Moonwalker (Dzil Łigai Si'án Ndee/Maya), Lanei Sa'an Moonwalker (Yaqui/Yoeme/Ashkenazi), and Trudy Welty. She is currently living as a settler on the unceded territorial land of the Shasta and the Dakelma/Takelma, which is now known as Ashland, Oregon, USA.
SESSION 1 - Ancient Spirit Modern Voice ( February 20, 2020)
- Ancestral wisdom for the modern world as sourced from the land
- Examples of Indigeneity from cultures worldwide, including those in Old Europe
- The relevance of Indigenous values to our lives today
- Shifting from western thinking to ancestral mind
- Nature spiritualities emerging today such as eco-mysticism and rewilding
- The shift from "me" to "we" to "all," reviving Earth Community and placing nature at the center of our lives
SESSION 2 - Ancestral Connection (February 27, 2020)
- Genealogy and tracing our family tree, DNA testing for more in-depth exploration
- Epigenetics, soul memories, historical and intergenerational trauma
- Benefits of Ancestral connection
- Non-linear modalities such as visions, intuitions, dream archaeology and other metaphysical journeys to meet and consult with the Ancestors
- Invoking the wisdom and guidance of the Ancestors as a part of our daily spiritual practice
- Ethnoautobiography, animism, and the re-enchantment of our cultural stories and landscapes
- Thanking the human and other-than-human ancestors as an extension of our gratitude for Earth Community
SESSION 3 - Social Justice Responsibility (March 5, 2020)
- The weaving of social justice into our spiritual path
- Settler-Colonial histories on Turtle Island
- Acknowledging white privilege today, and current societal realities
- Addressing “new age” practices such as cultural appropriation
- “Giving back,” good allyship and solidarity with marginalized groups
- Developing good intercultural competency skills
- Respect for “the other” and peaceful coexistence, as modeled to us by First Nations, Aboriginal and Original Peoples
Download the course
You’ll have access to the full library of audio/video recordings – plus Handouts
Shift from Western Mind to Ancestral Mind Teleseminar
Got a question and need to get in touch with us? Please feel free to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org